A Change for the Happier with Solea at Hillcrest Dental Group
The miracle we've both been waiting for is here: Solea. Now available to you, Solea is a dental laser that replaces the dental drill in majority of procedures in our practice. In fact, nearly every patient skips anesthesia because they just don't need it. Solea is our way of keeping you happy because more than anything, we love to see you smile.
What is Solea?
• Solea is the first CO2 dental laser cleared by the FDA for all-Tissue dental procedures, meaning treating cavities as well oral surgery that involves gums and or bone.
• The Solea laser enables dentists to treat cavities without a drill or needle, taking the typical noise, vibration, numbness and pain out of dental visits.
• Solea allows dentists to do gum surgery without needles, stitches or post-operative discomfort.
How does Solea work?
• The laser vaporizes target tissue using light, without contact whether it is tooth, bone or gum.
Is the procedure really done without a needle? How?
• Yes, it is, there is rarely a need to inject a patient. Solea uses a wavelength of light delivered in thousands of pulses per second that provides an analgesic effect that takes away almost all of the sensation.
What are the patient benefits of Solea?
• Most importantly it delivers an entirely new experience for my patients. Imagine a dentist visit with no needles, no numbness, not noise, no pain.
• Even the most fearful patients leave feeling relaxed and comfortable.
• I am still amazed at how dramatic the difference really is. There is literally no reason to be fearful of the dentist any more.
• In addition to the experience being so much better, visits are shorter because patients don’t have to spend time in the chair waiting to get numb.
What Makes Solea® Different?
With the variety of dental lasers on the market, many dentists choose lasers that only target soft tissue or hard tissue, depending on the dental issues they most commonly treat at their practices. There are even some lasers that can be adjusted to affect both hard and soft tissue for comprehensive care.
Solea®, owned by Convergent Dental, is made to treat dental enamel, soft tissue, and even bone without making adjustments to laser wavelengths. As an isotropic CO2 laser, Solea® is different than typical carbon dioxide lasers that are used just to treat gums or dental lasers that are meant to remove decayed dental enamel. Solea® is the first laser of its kind to be approved by the FDA for such a wide variety of applications.
Ask for Solea® Laser Dentistry at your Next Appointment.
Solea® proves highly beneficial and useful in a number of treatment applications, such as deep cleanings to reverse symptoms of periodontal disease, gum shaping, soft tissue grafting, removal of decayed enamel, preparation for placement of prosthetics including crowns, bridges, and onlays, or even removing an old prosthetic before a new one can be provided.
With this advanced laser technology, patients can enjoy:
- Reduced Bleeding
- Maximized Comfort
- Faster Appointments
- Less Need for Local Anesthetic – No Injections!
- Multiple-Phase Treatment in One Sitting
- Dentists can treat soft tissue, teeth, and bone with one tool
- Minimized Need for Specialty Referrals
Solea® is specifically engineered to work faster and more efficiently through computer technology, so dentists can better control the treatment process and patients benefit from spending less time sitting in the dental chair. To learn more about solea, visit ilovesolea.com and contact our office.